The former Chelsea forward's move to Etihad Stadium stalled earlier this week but the Premier League champions are confident of getting their man with 36 hours of the window leftWayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent
Manchester City are making a renewed push to sign Scott Sinclair and are confident of completing a deal before the transfer deadline.
Sinclair’s switch to Etihad Stadium had stalled over the composition of add-ons involved in the agreement after Swansea City indicated they were willing to accept City’s initial payment of £6 million.
Sources have indicated that the Welsh club were playing “hardball” and wanted a further £2m in performance-related extras.
|MANCHESTER CITY LATEST
|16/1||Manchester City are 16/1 with Paddy Power to beat QPR 5-0 on Saturday
Goal.com exclusively revealed on August 8 that City were interested in acquiring the 23-year-old, along with the news that the Premier League champions were keen to offload Adam Johnson, in a pursuit that has taken almost three weeks.
And Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins spoke out earlier in the week of his displeasure at the dragging negotiations.
Jenkins said: “I would have thought if they really wanted to sign Scott Sinclair they would have dealt with it a little bit better than they have.
“It has dragged on too long and I hope one way or another it will be concluded in the next couple of days. What has been put out about Scott Sinclair is not true.
“I don't want to get into a war of words with Manchester City, but I find it quite unprofessional, really.
“I don't know who is putting these stories out, but there's nothing at all agreed with Manchester City. No deal has been agreed as yet.”
City have targeted Sinclair as a direct replacement for Johnson, who joined Sunderland last Friday for an initial £10m, rising to £15m.
The Premier League champions asked to be kept informed of Theo Walcott’s situation but the England international has agreed to stay at Arsenal despite failing to agree a new long-term contract.
Sinclair scored in Swansea’s opening day 5-0 win at QPR after coming on as a late substitute but he was dropped from the 18-man squad that beat West Ham seven days later.
He has told the Welsh club that he does not want to extend a contract that is due to expire next summer.
It is believed that he has already agreed personal terms with City and that a deal to take him to Etihad Stadium will swiftly be completed.
Follow Wayne Veysey on