Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins has revealed that the Premier League club have agreed a deal with Celtic to sign Ki Sung-Yueng.
The Welsh outfit have reportedly had an offer of around £5 million accepted by the Scottish Premier League side, after their assistant manager Johan Mjallby had confirmed they were in talks with a mystery club earlier on Monday.
The 23-year-old has been the subject of speculation throughout the summer, with Arsenal and QPR among the other parties rumoured to be interested, however it appears as if Ki is headed to the Liberty Stadium.
|SWANSEA CITY LATEST
|7/2||Swansea City are 7/2 with Bet365 to score over 2.5 goals against West Ham
Jenkins told STV: "We have agreed a fee with Celtic for Ki. We are currently holding discussion with player and agent over personal terms.
"We are aware of other clubs' interest but we are hopeful we can conclude a deal in the next 24 hours. We feel he is a very exciting young player who has a good career in front of him."
The midfielder has made 82 appearances for Celtic since joining in January 2010 and Hoops boss Neil Lennon expressed his disappointment in losing the player.
The 41-year-old told reporters: "We are in advanced discussions with a club at the minute and we are hoping the deal will go through.
"I am not at liberty to say [if it's Swansea] but there may be interest from other clubs as well.
"He is not here, we have given him a bit of extra time because he has a lot to think about.
"He has only 15 months left on his contract and we feel it is a good offer and good business on our side.
"It is unfortunate to lose a quality player but that has been our strategy at the club for the last two or three years, cultivate these players and eventually move them on if they want to go."