The Hammers board member claims that the club are still pursuing the 26-year-old and says the club are still waiting on further news on their desired move to the Olympic Stadium
West Ham chairman David Gold has revealed that the newly promoted club still hope to complete the signing of Wolves winger Matt Jarvis.
Goal.com exclusively revealed on Wednesday that the Hammers were preparing a further bid for the 26-year-old, after their previous bid of £5.5 million up front, with a further £4.5m in add-ons, was rejected.
| WEST HAM LATEST
|5/2||West Ham are 5/2 to be relegated in 2012-13 with Paddy Power|
And West Ham boss Sam Allardyce admitted that the two clubs were unable to agree a fee, but Gold is confident a deal can be done.
"We are still pursuing Jarvis, that is where we are at the moment," he told BBC’s 'Football Focus'.
The Black Country club’s valuation of Jarvis is still yet to be met according to chairman Jez Moxey.
Jarvis began his career at Gillingham before moving to Wolves in 2007 where he has been a stand-out performer, scoring seven goals in 14 appearances towards the end of last season.
The midfielder also became the first Wolves player to play for England since club legend Steve Bull in 1990 when he received his only cap against Ghana in March last year.
Liverpool striker Andy Carroll is also a long-term target for West Ham, with Gold confirming that a deal for the forward was dead after a loan deal was accepted by the Reds, before adding that “things can change overnight.”
Gold also announced that the club are waiting to hear on news of a further bid to move from Upton Park to the 80,000 capacity Olympic Stadium, with a desired move set for the two years in the future.
"We are still waiting, I think we will hear within four to six weeks and we wait patiently for the outcome,” he continued.