Newcastle target Luuk de Jong has revealed he is dreaming of a move to Borussia Monchengladbach this summer, and that he has made his feelings perfectly clear to the Twente hierarchy.
The German outfit lost star striker Marco Reus to Borussia Dortmund this summer, and have long been linked with a move for the 21-year-old, as have Newcastle United.
And De Jong has now revealed that the Bundesliga is his destination of choice, having had a series of conversations with Gladbach coach Lucien Favre.
"I have spoken to Favre several times," he told Bild. We talked about how he wanted me to play. I'm sure his philosophy fits perfectly with the fast game that suits me.
"I've told Twente that I only want to go to Gladbach. Borussia are playing in the qualifying round of the Champions League, and it's best for me to take the next step in my career.
"The Bundesliga is one of the best leagues in Europe. I need to go there in order to take the next step with the [Dutch] national team."
The striker has previously hit out at his current employers following interest from the Magpies and Borussia Monchengladbach, branding the Tukkers' negotiation strategy "indecent" after they stalled negotiations with the Bundesliga outfit.
Twente had reportedly been willing to accept a £11 million offer if De Jong was willing to waive his right to 20 per cent of the fee, but the club reneged when the 21-year-old agreed to the clause.
"I had hoped not to be here any more. Moreover, I did not want to say anything about it," De Jong told De Telegraaf.
"Everyone has read everything, so it seems to me that my point is clear."
Both coach Steve McClaren and president Joop Munsterman had made their feelings about the situation known on Monday, and the Netherlands international is, for now, focusing on a return to fitness ahead of the new season.
De Jong added: "I hope to get fit. That's why I'm here. I lost two kilos when I had my tonsils taken out, and you can really notice that."
The striker scored 25 times in 33 Eredivisie appearances last season, and was selected to take part in the Netherland's Euro 2012 campaign, but failed to make an appearance.