thumbnail Hello,

Chairman Daniel Levy is in the hunt for a new manager after sacking Harry Redknapp on Wednesday, but the Everton boss has revealed that he hasn't been approached

Everton manager David Moyes says there has been no contact from Tottenham regarding the vacant post at White Hart Lane.

Harry Redknapp was sacked by chairman Daniel Levy on Wednesday night after nearly four years in charge at Spurs, despite guiding the side to fourth in the Premier League last season.

Moyes and Wigan manager Roberto Martinez are two of the names who have been linked to the job, but the Toffees boss says no approach has yet been made.

"There has been no contact [from Spurs],"
Rumours start on new Spurs boss
he told BBC 5 Live.

"If there had been contact, the first person I would have told would be the chairman."

Moyes has been in charge at Everton for 10 years - the third longest managerial reign of the current crop of Premier League bosses.

The Scot remained tight-lipped on whether he’d accept the job at White Hart Lane, but refused to close the door completely.

He added: "I hope I can fulfill all my ambitions at Everton. But you never know in this game."

Related

From the web