With speculation, reports and the loosest of links set to do the rounds this summer, Goal.com takes a look at all the potential movers and shakers in the Premier LeagueChris Davie
Euro 2012 will take centre for the next month but the transfer furore is here to stay all summer.
Earlier this week, we've seen Manchester United agree terms with Dortmund over a deal for Shinji Kagawa, while the agent of Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen has claimed the defender's proposed move to Tottenham could be concluded by the end of the week.
Goal.com brings you a new weekly feature where we take a look at the best, worst and ridiculous of this week's transfer rumours connected with the Premier League.
Manchester United step up Baines interest
Goal.com revealed on Wednesday that United had ramped up their intent to sign the England international and are willing to loan Everton up to two players, believed to be out of Ji-Sung Park and the Da Silva twins Fabio and Rafael, in order to push the deal through.
David Moyes' side have slapped a £20 million price tag on the 27-year-old but United are confident a bid of up to £15m, plus two loan players, will secure the signing of the adventurous full-back.
Manchester City plan surprise £10m Sturridge recapture
After falling out of favour in the second half of the season at Stamford Bridge, Daniel Sturridge is now the target of his former club Manchester City in a £10m deal.
The 22-year-old has just one year remaining on his current deal with the newly crowned European Champions, while uncertainty over his future role within the squad has been thrown in doubt following the signings of Marko Marin, Eden Hazard. Porto powerhouse Hulk is also expected to join this summer which will increase competition along the flanks at Chelsea.
Pogba poised for Juve switch
The France Under-19 international is believed to have rejected a new deal with United after becoming frustrated over the lack of first-team football under Sir Alex.
Diame in limbo as Liverpool switch breaks down
Mohamed Diame was in line for a free transfer to Liverpool after failing to renew his contract with Wigan Athletic but following the sacking of Kenny Dalglish, the midfielder is now without a club as pre-season looms.
“I don’t think that is the lad – that is the agent giving him all kinds of advice. It’s down to money, money, money," Wigan chairman Dave Whelan told Goal.com. "I think he should be able to step back and have a look and think: Who gave me the chance to play in the Premier League?"
Moses claims Liverpool and Chelsea interest
After scrapping in the relegation zone for the majority of their campaign, Wigan's brightest outlet throughout last season was the mercurial Victor Moses, who has now claimed Chelsea, Liverpool "and some other clubs in England" are after him this summer.
Wigan chairman Whelan, however, has issued a hands-off warning: "Victor Moses will be staying with us and I don’t think there is any doubt about that," he said.
Liverpool in £16m swoop for Johnson
If this report had been circulating last summer, a £16m bid for Manchester City winger Adam Johnson may have had some substance. But Liverpool are likely to have wisened to their lavish outlay which, so far, has reaped little return on their challenge for Champions League football.
But Caughtoffside reckon Liverpool, under the guidance of Brendan Rodgers, are looking to bolster their left flank following Downing's uninspiring first term at Anfield with another huge transfer.
Wigan and Fulham battle for Theo
Fulham are also said to be in the hunt for the 23-year-old, who notched 12 goals in the Championship last term.
Norwich scour Europe for new boss - but end up in West Brom
Presumably, after trawling through the available CVs of managers hailing from France, Italy and Spain, Norwich were forced to settle for a man just 136 miles away, as Chris Hughton was plucked from Birmingham City on Thursday.
Manchester United prepare £22m Modric bid
Lest we forget, the Croatia international was the subject of a £40m bid from Chelsea last summer which was rejected by Tottenham. Unless Sir Alex Ferguson was oblivious to the situation at White Hart Lane, it seems unlikely that United would expect Spurs to let the 26-year-old leave for nearly half of what they were offered less than a year ago.