By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent
Manchester City will offer Roberto Mancini a new £15 million three-year contract this month to keep him at Etihad Stadium, Goal.com can reveal.
Mancini’s current deal expires in June 2013 and the club’s Abu Dhabi owners intend to tie up a fresh agreement irrespective of whether the title favourites win the Premier League on Sunday.
Sources have told Goal.com that Mancini will hold face-to-face talks with owner Sheikh Mansour and chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak when the season finishes.
Both parties are expecting a swift resolution to negotiations and a new contract could even be signed within the next fortnight.
|Manchester City hoping to beat rivals to Eden Hazard's signature
“The contract is coming to Mancini,” an insider told Goal.com. “Everyone is concentrating on Sunday but as soon as the season finishes Mancini will sit down with Sheikh Mansour and Al Mubarak.
“It is just a matter of sorting out the detail and is regardless of the title. There will be no problem with the figures and it is expected to be sorted very soon.”
As Goal.com revealed in March, Mancini indicated to City chiefs before Christmas that he was willing to open talks over an extension to his contract but the Italian was told that negotiations would not begin until the summer.
After taking a calculated gamble by delaying talks with Mancini to protect themselves from having to pay a huge compensation fee were he to be dismissed, it is understood that Sheikh Mansour and Al Mubarak have now made a firm decision to stick with the 47-year-old following the team’s convincing finish to the season.
Mancini, who joined the club in December 2009, is settled in England and is happy to extend his current agreement by two years, rather than seek a longer term deal.
The new £5m-a-year contract will be a considerable upgrade on his current agreement, which is worth £3.5 million-a-year before bonuses.
|4/1||Manchester City are 4/1 to be Pep Guardiola's next managerial job with sportingbet|
As an accounting measure, City’s policy is to sign off the contracts of players and coaching staff at the end of the season.
In addition, as also revealed by Goal.com earlier this year, the club have offered David Silva and Vincent Kompany contract extensions but they will not be formally completed before mid-May.