Speculations that the Wigan forward would play for the Three Lions instead of the Super Eagles have been laid to rest by the national team trainer
The international future of Wigan forward Victor Moses has been settled as the player was called up by Nigeria for their 2013 Africa Cup of Nations qualification game against Rwanda on February 29.
There had been speculation that Moses, 21, might decide to feature for England where he has already played in the youth teams.
His invitation by Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi for their important Afcon game against the Wasps in Kigali has put that speculation to rest.
“Before we left for Liberia, I spoke to Moses, he also called me and said he wanted to come and play. He is willing to play this time,” Keshi was quoted by Lagos paper The Guardian.
“Also, the likes of [Aiyegbeni] Yakubu, [Dickson] Etuhu and [Peter] Odemwingie have been talking to him on the need to play for Nigeria.”
Moses was first invited by former coach Samson Siasia but had to wait before securing Fifa’s permission to switch allegiance to the country of his birth.
"He's been thinking about it a lot over the last few months but Victor knows 100 per cent that this is what he wants to do," his agent Tony Finnigan told the BBC.
"He's probably been looking at the England team and thinking 'What's the chances I'm going to play in the next World Cup?'
"He's also been getting a few phone calls from people back home and feels he is ready to make the right choice."