The 26-year-old has yet to agree terms with the Blues after the two clubs settled on a fee last month, but his manager says he remains fully focused on the Trotters cause
The two clubs agreed a fee last month for the England defender, but the move was put on hold when Blues manager Andre Villas-Boas admitted that negotiations over personal terms had proved to be a stumbling block.
The former Burnley boss has moved to dispel suggestions that Cahill has become unsettled by the speculation, insisting that the 26-year-old remains as professional as ever as Wanderers look to haul themselves off the foot of the Premier League table.
When asked about the Chelsea deal, Coyle told Sky Sports News: "We are where we are.
"The games have come thick and fast and that has obviously restricted people in terms of getting round a table to have dialogue with regards to Gary's representatives and Chelsea.
"We had agreed a fee between the clubs. It is now up to Chelsea and Gary's representatives to conclude that, or not.
"I think there has only been one meeting on that, so we'll take it from there."
The England international's future has been the source of constant speculation in recent months, but Coyle has hailed the former Aston Villa player's commitment amid reports regarding his future.
"Gary has prepared and played at a very high level, and he will continue to do that," said Coyle ahead of his side’s match against Everton on Wednesday.
"He is an outstanding young man, and whatever comes we will deal with it as best we can.
"Gary's coped with endless speculation in every transfer window and he is so focused on his football.
"He has that mental strength and that is why clubs of the stature of Chelsea want him,
because he has all those attributes.
"Gary is a part of our squad until such a time as that changes."