O'Shea, Brown, Turner, Bardsley
Elmohamady, Colback, Cattermole, Larsson
Stam, Caldwell, Gohouri, Figueroa
Diame, McCarthy, Jones
Moses, Di Santo, Rodallega
Wigan Athletic manager Roberto Martinez will have to make do without Antolin Alcaraz, as the Paraguayan is serving a suspension for the spitting incident that took place during the game against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Chris Kirkland (back) is also out of action, while Callum McManaman will remain unavailable since he is out on loan with Blackpool.
||DID YOU KNOW|
- Sunderland have a disastrous record at the Stadium of Light in recent times, winning only two of their last 14 matches there.
- The Black Cats' form has also been dull in recent weeks, as they have managed to win only one of their last seven games in the league.
- If all matches ended at half-time, the home side would have been in the relegation zone at this point in the season, whereas the Latics would have found themselves in 15th place.
- Wigan Athletic have managed to score only 10 goals in the league this season. No team has scored fewer.
- The visitors have been in worse form than their opponents, losing nine of their last 10 games in all competitions. But the one game that they did not lose was their last one against Blackburn Rovers, which finished in a 3-3 draw.
- The two sides have locked horns 17 times in the course of their respective histories. Wigan have won six, while the Black Cats have triumphed on four occasions. The rest of the games ended in a draw.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.