WEST BROMWICH ALBION
Reid, Olsson, McAuley, Jones
Brunt, Scharner, Mulumbu, Thomas
Johnson, Skrtel, Carragher, Enrique
Downing, Gerrard, Adam, Bellamy
Hodgson has played the same defence and midfield in the last two games, but Paul Scharner is a slight doubt due to a tweak of his knee and Jerome Thomas has bruising on his feet. Graham Dorrans could return after missing the match against Aston Villa with a knee injury, and Gabriel Tamas is once again available.
Kenny Dalglish has to decide how to juggle his pack with Lucas Leiva returning from suspension. He could be used in a 4-3-3 or, more likely, come in for Craig Bellamy.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Roy Hodgson became manager of West Brom mid-way through last season and achieved something no previous manager of the Baggies had done since 1981 – see his side score more than one goal against Liverpool.
- West Brom beat the Reds 2-1 last year thanks to two Chris Brunt penalties, but their record against them is awful: they have lost all nine other Premier League matches against Liverpool, scoring no goals and conceding 25 (they lost 5-0 and 6-0 in that run, both at the Hawthorns).
- In their last 38 meetings in all competitions, West Brom have won three (one of which was in the League Cup) and only scored 15 goals. The last time they scored three goals against Liverpool was in 1965 (they did it twice that year).
- In league matches at West Brom, the home side have 20 wins to Liverpool’s 23, despite having scored two more goals than the opponents. 16 matches have ended as draws, the last of which was in 1984 (14 matches ago).
- If West Brom win, it will be the first time they won three Premier League matches in a row since 2002. Back then, they beat Fulham, West Ham United and Southampton all 1-0 in September, but only went on to win three more all season.
- Liverpool have not drawn away from home all season in any competition, winning five and losing two.
- Craig Bellamy has made 249 appearances in the Premier League. This will be his 250th outing, provided he makes an appearance at some point.
- Liverpool have not had a goalless draw in 43 matches in the league. Only Bolton currently beat this record, with 46 matches having passed by since they shared a point with an opponent through a 0-0 result.
- For Liverpool, Luis Suarez has the: most goals, most shots on target, most shots off target, offsides, free-kicks won, quickest goal and latest goal. Seven players have scored in the league, but only Suarez (with four) has more than one goal.
- Liverpool have not scored from a cross in open play all season. They have had 70 corners - the most in the league - but scored from just one of them.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.