The 22-year-old Germany international is currently recovering from a surgery on a damaged meniscus in his right knee but reports this week have linked him with a move to Bavaria at the end of the season.
However, Boateng, whose current contract with Man City runs until 2015, has denied that he has talked with Bayern but is apparently open to a move after he recovers his fitness.
“That is not true,” Boateng told Sport1. “Right now my focus is on rehabilitation and I will think about the rest [my future] in the summer.”
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini too has dismissed reports that he will part company with the former Hamburg defender, who moved to England last year.
"I am happy Bayern have said this [about signing Boateng] because it proves we signed a big player," he said, according to Sky Sports. "Jerome has had many problems this year, including three or four injuries. But he will be staying here. He is a big part of our future.
"If he doesn't have any problems next year, Jerome can be one of the best defenders in Europe."
Man City are currently fourth in the Premier League and will take on Everton on Saturday.