Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has ruled out any chance of an exit from Stamford Bridge this season.
Reports had claimed that the Ivorian was a target for other big clubs, with Manchester City mentioned as possible suitors, with the striker's agent at one stage claiming the Citizens were interested in his client.
But Drogba is intent upon helping the west London outfit to more success after last season's Premier League and FA Cup double.
"Every summer there is speculation, you saw me in a Chelsea shirt [on Sunday] and I think that is how you will see me all season!" Drogba told his club's official website.
Meanwhile, the Ivorian is expecting City to play a part in this season's title race and push for the top four places.
"We saw last year that Tottenham were there fighting for fourth place, Arsenal were there, so the Premiership will be more open, with Manchester City spending more money and buying quality players," he explained.
Chelsea were the wrong side of a 3-1 scoreline when they faced Manchester United in Sunday's Community Shield at Wembley.
The result does not perturb Drogba too much though, with pre-season having started late for many of Carlo Ancelotti's squad due to the World Cup.
"We are working hard, we have a lot of players who have trained for ten days or a week, it is too short to be fit and ready for big competitions but we have to improve our game even if we are not fit, and hope that in two or three weeks time it will be better," he said.
"The match was disappointing of course but I am not really worried because it is only 10 days since we started working and we need more time together.
"I am disappointed because we lost the game, we had a few chances at the end but more than the defeat today it was important to see and understand that we are not ready yet."