The Belgium international insists he is happy to commit his long-term future to Spurs and is set to undergo tests on an ankle injury when he returns to training on Monday
Towards the end of last season, the 27-year-old admitted that he was keen to play Champions League football, while the player’s agent claimed earlier this month that “several teams” were interested in the Belgium international.
Last week, Goal reported that Tottenham were planning talks over a new contract and Vertonghen says he is ready to commit his long-term future to the club.
"It goes without saying that I would like to stay at Tottenham,” Vertonghen told Belgian station Radio 1.
“I still had a four-year contract but I see that they have offered me a new five-year contract as a great sign of confidence."
Vertonghen will return to pre-season training on Monday following his holiday after Belgium’s World Cup campaign and is set to undergo tests on an ankle problem.
"I walked into the World Cup match against Argentina with an ankle injury,” said the defender.
“But I want to treat it carefully, because last season I was suffering from one injury to another, I definitely want to avoid that.”