The agent of Ajax striker Kolbeinn Sigthorsson has denied holding recent talks with QPR manager Harry Redknapp over a move to the Premier League club.
Redknapp told reporters on Wednesday that the west London club had agreed a fee with the Dutch side for the forward but explained that meetings with the player and his representatives had been unproductive.
But Andri Sigthorsson, the 24-year-old’s brother and agent, says the two parties have not spoken about a move for over a month.
“The news about the ongoing negotiations is absolutely untrue,” Andri told Ajax Showtime.
“The last conversation we had with coach Harry Redknapp was five weeks ago. At the moment were are not talking, so I don't know where the news comes from.”
Redknapp had claimed to hold out hope of adding Sigthorsson to his squad despite the slow progress of discussions regarding the player's personal demands.
“It seems to be dragging on a bit,” he said. “We agreed a fee with Ajax and it’s now about getting a deal with the boy and it’s been difficult. We met with his agent – his brother – and we couldn’t get a deal. It still could happen.”
Sigthorsson, who scored 10 goals in the Eredivisie last season, would reportedly cost QPR around £5 million.