The striker has joined Juventus from Southampton on a loan deal until the end of the season, with an option of a permanent £15.6 million move, but will he be worth the trouble?
With Carlos Tevez already in his ranks, the Juventus boss has recruited Southampton striker Dani Osvaldo on a loan deal until the end of the season, with the option of a permanent €19 million (£15.6m) switch in the summer.
But the former Roma star has a chequered past, littered with indiscipline and disputes with his peers.
Goal takes a look at the Argentina-born Italy international's top 10 most infamous moments to date...
1. After scoring a 93rd-minute winner against Juventus whilst playing for Fiorentina, Osvaldo decides to celebrate the goal by removing his shirt and machine-gunning the fans (not literally, of course). This results in his second booking of the game and he is subsequently sent off.
2. During his time at Roma, our man Osvaldo takes offence to team-mate Erik Lamela (now at Tottenham) for not passing him the ball often enough. In the dressing-room after the 2-0 defeat to Udinese, he decides to slap Lamela around the face. Unsurprisingly, he is fined and suspended for the incident.
3. After returning from his native Argentina following last season's winter break, the striker decides to call in sick and give himself a few extra weeks off. He consequently misses the club's winter training camp in America, with Roma's American owners not amused by his unprofessional behaviour.
4. Osvaldo wins a penalty against Sampdoria but, as Roma legend Francesco Totti steps up to take it, the controversial forward decides that, as he won the penalty, he should take it. After an argument, he duly gets his wish but ends up missing the penalty - much to the disgust of Totti and the Giallorossi fans.
5. This time Osvaldo decides to try to emulate Totti. After scoring in his first ever Rome derby he lifts up his jersey to reveal a T-shirt with the slogan 'I have purged you too' - replicating the Roma captain's 1999 slogan, 'I have purged you again'. This does not go down well with the club and their fans as they lose the match 2-1.
6. After one of Roma's key players, Daniele De Rossi, is left out of a match against Atalanta due to disciplinary issues, the capital club look to Osvaldo to provide a mature head in his absence, only for the Italy international to be given a straight red card for elbowing an Atalanta player. The Giallorossi loe the game 4-1.
7. As his team-mates contest a Rome derby, Osvaldo spends the night in a swanky London hotel with his girlfriend. Although the striker is suspended for the match, the club feel that he should have been supporting his team-mates from the stands and he clocks up another black mark against his name.
8. The final straw for Osvaldo's Roma career comes after a 1-0 loss to arch-rivals Lazio in the Coppa Italia final. Unhappy at only being used as a late substitute, Dani takes to Twitter to vent his feelings at caretaker boss Aurelio Andreazzoli. "You would do more good if you admit to being incompetent ... go and celebrate with those of Lazio," writes the striker. "He is just a cry-baby," responds the 59-year old. Osvaldo is later sold by Roma.
9. In a game which looks likely to be Osvaldo's last for Southampton, the Italian is the main perpetrator in a touchline brawl with Newcastle that involves several players from each side and even coaching staff. He is fined £40,000 and suspended for three games by the FA.
10. Obviously forgetting about the trouble in which the fight with Lamela landed him, Osvaldo again decides that he knows best and, after a robust training ground challenge by team-mate Jose Fonte, becomes involved in a fight with the centre-back. Osvaldo is subsequently allowed to join Juventus on a loan deal until the end of the season on transfer deadline day, with the option of a permanent move in the summer.