thumbnail Hello,

The QPR manager is astonished that none of the game's biggest sides have scooped up the Brazil international goalkeeper after their relegation from the Premier League

Harry Redknapp is surprised that Julio Cesar is still a QPR player following the club's relegation from the Premier League.

The drop down to the Championship has sparked a mass exodus at Loftus Road as the likes of Christopher Samba, Loic Remy and Park Ji-Sung have departed, either on loan or permanently. Among the notable names still at QPR the goalkeeper and midfielder Joey Barton, with both the subject of speculation regarding their futures at the club ahead of Monday's transfer deadline.

TRANSFER TALK
7/2 QPR are 7/2 with Bet365 to win the Championship
The Arsenal and Fiorentina target said earlier in August that he was speaking to clubs but that he would not have a problem should he end up staying with the Rs.

"I can't believe that one of the big clubs in the world hasn't come in for Cesar," Redknapp told the press. "He's a world-class goalkeeper."

Barton revealed on Thursday that he had rejected the chance to join Crystal Palace, having previously been linked with Everton, and the QPR boss is full of praise for the 30-year-old, who spent last season on loan at Marseille and has played in all four of his side's Championship games this term.

He added: "Joey is here, playing well, and he's been exemplary, his behaviour and everything else, not a minute's problem.

"I've been delighted with Joey. It's the first time I've worked with him and he couldn't have done more. He's been great on the training ground, great on the pitch on Saturdays and great off the pitch."

Related

From the web