thumbnail Hello,

The Red Devils had appeared confident of doing a deal for the former Arsenal man, but his current club have moved to reassure their fans that he will not be allowed to leave

Barcelona vice president Josep Maria Bartomeu has told Manchester United that Cesc Fabregas is not for sale.

David Moyes had stated earlier on Friday that he was hopeful of receiving some good news regarding a deal for the midfielder after club executive vice chairman Ed Woodward entered into negotiations with the Catalans.

FABREGAS LATEST
12/1 Manchester United are 12/1 with bet365 to win the Champions League
But despite reports that United are confident of reaching an agreement for the former Arsenal man, Bartomeu has moved to quash any speculation.

"Barcelona can assure you we will not entertain any offers for Cesc," he told Sport. "It is totally ruled out, he's not for sale."

United confirmed an opening offer of £25.9 million had been made to Barca on Monday, before Woodward left the club's pre-season visit to Australia on Wednesday to attend "urgent transfer business".

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who has been in regular contact with Fabregas this summer, claimed on Wednesday that his former captain has decided to stay at Camp Nou for another year.

Elsewhere, speculation regarding Wayne Rooney's future has intensified, with reports in Friday's press claiming that the United hierarchy are keen to sit down with the striker and his agent, Paul Stretford, after claims that he is "angry and confused" were leaked to the press.

Related

From the web