The club's president has insisted that Thiago Silva will not be sold to the Catalans, and hinted that the French capital club could even try to bring some players the other wayParis Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelafi says Thiago Silva will not be sold to Barcelona this summer - but revealed he intends to counter their pursuit by swooping for a number of Blaugrana stars.
Speculation has intensified in recent days over where the Brazil international will be plying his trade next season, with reports in Spain stating the Catalans had already agreed personal terms with the defender.
However, Al-Khelafi has denied such an agreement, while hinting at a role-reversal by stating the Spanish champions could struggle to hang on to their big names if les Parisiens declare an interest.
"Thiago will not leave for Barcelona. He has a four-year contract left," he told RMC Sport.
"He will line up for us against Bordeaux for the Trophee des Champions on August 3. So he will definitely be with us. But we, on the other hand, are following some Barca players."
Meanwhile, the Qatari chief revealed the club had no intention to end their shopping spree just yet after securing Edinson Cavani, confirming negotiations are under way to secure Marquinhos and Lucas Digne from Roma and Lille respectively.
"Transfers are not finished for PSG this summer. We will go for another player," he said.
"Marquinhos and Digne? Those are two young players. We are discussing with their clubs right now. We're just discussing. There is no agreement in place."
The club's sporting director, Leonardo, parted company with the French giants on Tuesday and Al-Khelafi added that deputy CEO Jean-Claude Blanc and assistant coach Olivier Letang would now preside over future negotiations.
"Who will replace Leonardo? I have a very strong team around me with Letang and Jean-Claude Blanc, who had an important role in Cavani's arrival," he added.
"I am proud of the work this great professional has done and he will finish off the transfer period."