The 33-year-old's contract had been set to expire this summer, but he has agreed an extension following his emergence as the club's first choice since Mauricio Pochettino's arrival
The 33-year-old has agreed terms on an extension after establishing himself as the club's No.1 keeper since new boss Mauricio Pochettino's arrival in January.
"I am very pleased and I'm proud to be a part of a big prospect," Boruc told the club's official website. "As a club, I believe we can achieve a lot over the next two years, and I'm looking forward to that.
"As I've said before, [the Premier League] is probably the best place to play football and nothing has changed my mind on that since I came to Southampton.
|WE DESERVED MORE - POCHETTINO
|16/1||Southampton are 16/1 with William Hill to beat Swansea 2-0 on Saturday
"Playing this style of football you can achieve a lot, and you need to be ambitious in your life. We've been getting points against teams like Liverpool and Manchester City, but I think we can get even better. We're looking forward to the next game."
Since Pochettino took over, Boruc has established himself as first-choice keeper, and the manager says the new deal is just reward for his competitiveness and bravery.
"I'm very happy and very satisfied," Pochettino added. "Artur deserves this contract because, in the three months that I've been here, he has been crucial for us.
"He has a very strong personality and character. He is very brave in the way that he plays and, with our brand of football, it's very important that we have a keeper like Boruc for the long term.
"It's especially important for him to go into the last few games of the season with the confidence of the club and to know that he's going to be here for the next two years, because that suits his competitiveness."