The highly-rated Brazil international has opted to remain in his homeland despite being linked with the likes of Milan, Manchester United and Liverpool in the past yearVasco da Gama defender Dede has agreed a deal to join Cruzeiro for a fee believed to be in the region of £4.7 million.
The 24-year-old had been linked with a host of European clubs over the past 12 months, with Milan, Liverpool and Manchester United in particular all believed to be interested in his signature.
However, the Brazil international has now opted to remain in his homeland after agreeing terms with Marcelo Oliveira's outfit on Wednesday.
It is thought that Cruzeiro will own a 45 per cent stake in the player following the transfer, with the remaining 55% shared between parent companies.
Three players will join cash-strapped Vasco as part of the deal, with full-back Diego Rennan and forward Alisson set to move in the other direction. Wellington Paulista, currently on loan at Premier League outfit West Ham, will also switch to the Rio-based club.
Dede will hold a press conference on Thursday, ahead of his unveiling at Cruzeiro the following day.