The Selecao attacker has revealed he has been given a "very good contract" in Saudi Arabia and says the deal will help him and his family enjoy monetary stability
The attacking midfielder left Benfica for the Saudi Arabian side for an undisclosed fee, on a three-and-a-half-year contract.
The 24-year-old, who arrived in Portugal in 2011 from Corinthians, defended his decision to leave Portugal, but accepted that he has limited his options in the short-term by trading European football for the lucrative rewards of plying his trade in Asia.
"I am no mercenary," he told Renascenca on Wednesday. "It is a very good contract. It will provide me and my family with great financial stability.
"There are two sides to the coin. It will be a much more tranquil life financially, but sports-wise it will distance me from my objectives which are the national team, playing in Europe and the Champions League, and being among the best clubs in the world."
Cesar made his debut for the Selecao in 2011 against Gabon and has made one additional appearance for the national side since then.