Capello's side seemed to struggle under the weight of expectation on Friday evening, as a well-drilled Algerian side suppressed any attacking impetus in the Three Lions brigade.
- England 0-0 Algeria - Nervous Three Lions freeze in tournament headlights
- Comment: Let's not blame Rooney for England's failures
- FA launch FIFA complaint after fan confronts Beckham & England in dressing room
- The three big reasons for England's two shameful showings & one reason for hope
The Manchester United striker, who was among the most disappointing performers during the game, was clearly enraged at the full-time whistle.
Having struggled to make an impact against the Group C outsiders, Rooney fired back at the faithful who have paid thousands of pounds to watch Fabio Capello's flops, when he sarcastically said: "Nice to see your home fans boo you. That's what loyal support is."
- Fabio Capello admits tournament pressure is affecting England
- Player Ratings: England 0-0 Algeria
- Comment: Players need to take a leaf out of David James' book and relax
- Debate: Who can come off the bench and rescue England