thumbnail Hello,

The 63-year-old admits that he is open to taking a coaching job abroad, but says that he has not received any offers from China

Marcello Lippi has moved to dismiss rumours that he is set to take the reins at Guangzhou Evergrande.

The 63-year-old has been out of work since ltaly's disastrous World Cup campaign in 2010, but reports surfaced on Thursday that he had agreed to coach the Chinese club.

The former Juventus boss has admitted that he would be interested in coaching abroad, but stated that he hasn't reached an agreement with any club.

"There is no chance of that at all," he told Adnkronos, when asked if he'd agreed to coach the Chinese outfit.

"This rumour appeared 10 days ago, but there has not been any contact with that club. There is no truth in this story whatsoever. Zero percent of it is true.

"I want to have an experience abroad," he continued. "In China? All adventures are beautiful.

"I've had contact from the United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. I want another experience, but nothing is lined up yet."

Lippi had previously been linked with Lazio, but stated that he had no interest in working in Serie A.

Related

From the web