The veteran defender was extremely coy on his future with the Portuguese outfit as reports continue to suggest PSG are keen to offer him a new challenge
The Brazil international has been strongly linked with football away from Benfica as cash-rich Paris Saint-Germain are understood to be keen on his services.
Luisao, who has been at Benfica since 2003, reported for duty on Sunday, as the Portuguese club face Trabzonspor on Wednesday in the third Champions League qualifying round.
After landing in Lisbon, the defender confessed he thinks it is time to put an end to his stint at the Estadio da Luz, but stated he will not object the possibility of staying one more year.
"I have been at Benfica for eight years and there are times in which opportunities should be given to younger players," he told the press.
"If I stay, it will not be against my will."
The 30-year-old stressed he never told Benfica he would not want to play at the club again, contrary to what had been reported in the press.
"Sometimes, what is written in newspapers is not true. After participating at Copa America for Brazil, I had the right to be some days with my wife, who is seven months pregnant, and my daughter," he said.
"I never gave the president an ultimatum [that I wanted to leave]."
Despite PSG's reported interest, Luisao underlined he has not yet received any offer, but stated he will discuss his future with Benfica president Luis Filipe Vieira.
Torino defender Angelo Ogbonna and Standard Liege's Eliaquim Mangala have been mooted as strong possibilities to join Benfica if Luisao departs.