Roberto Martinez's team can climb out of the bottom three with victory over the Welsh club, who haven't managed a win in their last seven Premier League matches
Stam, Boyce, Scharner, Espinoza
McCarthy, McArthur, Watson
McManaman, Kone, Maloney
Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies
Dyer, De Guzman, Hernandez
Wigan boss Roberto Martinez is unlikely to make too many changes from the side that started against West Brom, although game-changer James McArthur could be handed a start in place of Jordi Gomez after scoring the equaliser during the 3-2 win at the Hawthorns.
Roger Espinoza could start the game at the DW Stadium after Jean Beausejour (hamstring) had to be substituted against West Brom and the centre-back pairing of Antolin Alcaraz (hamstring) and Gary Caldwell (thigh) could be in contention to feature on Tuesday night.
As for the visitors, Michael Laudrup will be without top goal scorer Michu (hamstring), and Luke Moore will likely replace the Spaniard in leading the Swans' attack.
Wales left-back Neil Taylor (ankle) was again on the bench for the game at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday as he continues his comeback from a long term injury but isn't expected to replace Ben Davies in the starting line-up.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- A win for Wigan could see them rise to 16th in the Premier League, a position they haven't reached this calender year.
- Roberto Martinez's side have conceded an average of two goals per home game this season.
- The corresponding fixture at the Liberty Stadium earlier in the season finished 2-1 in favour of the Swans, with all three goals coming in a manic four minutes.
- Wigan No.1 Joel has conceded a goal every 1.29 games on average, a considerably better rate than the Latics' other keeper Ali Al-Habsi, who has let in one every 1.96 games.
- The Latics are yet to beat Michael Laudrup's side in the Premier League, but did win against them in the League Cup back in 2010.
- Swansea are currently on a seven match winless streak, losing four and drawing three.
- The Swans have only scored 15 goals away from home this season, the third lowest in the Premier League this season.
- Michu (pictured) has scored 17 of Swansea's league goals this season, 39 per cent of them, but will be absent with a hamstring problem.