Martin O’Neill’s side will visit the DW Stadium fresh off the back of an impressive win against the league leaders, while the Latics are also enjoying an impressive run
Stam, Caldwell, Alcaraz, Figueroa
Diame, McCarthy, Jones
Rodallega, Di Santo, Moses
O'Shea, Kilgallon, Brown, Richardson
Larsson, Vaughan, Cattermole, Colback Sessegnon
Sunderland are likely to miss Craig Gordon due to his continuing knee problems. Connor Wickham, Michael Turner and Fraizer Campbell are also recovering from similar issues and are all doubts for Tuesday’s visit to the DW Stadium.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sunderland have only emerged victorious twice in their last 11 encounters with the Latics, who came out triumphant in six of those clashes.
- Martin O'Neill's men have averaged only one goal per game on the road this season, a statistic that could be set to change judging by their recent run of impressive results.
- The scorer of the first goal in the last four meetings between Sunderland and Wigan has not gone on to win the match.
- The Black Cats have only managed to pick up points in five of their last seven away games in the Premier League.
- The Latics have failed to pick up three points in their last three Premier League fixtures at the DW Stadium.
- Two thirds of Wigan’s last nine goals scored at home this season have come from outside the box.
- Wigan have only managed to capture all three points at home once in this season, and that was against Premier League new boys QPR at the end of August.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.