Alan Pardew's side have suffered a dip in form but will be hoping to return to their sparkling best to secure a win at the Hawthorns and keep the pressure on fifth-placed Chelsea
Jones, Olsson, McAuley, Ridgewell
Morrison, Scharner, Mulumu, Brunt
Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Perch
Gutierrez, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa
Roy Hodgson will have a couple of players back for selection after the 1-1 draw at Wigan last weekend. Peter Odemwingie should be in line to return after recovering from a calf strain and will probably slot straight back in to the West Brom attack.
Jonas Olsson returns from suspension after seeing red against Manchester United, and the 29-year-old is likely to start at centre-back, with Liam Ridgewell moving to full-back and Nicky Shorey missing out.
Alan Pardew also has a key man back from the sidelines: Cheikh Tiote sat out Newcastle's win over Norwich but is in line to feature on Sunday. His return would duly see Danny Guthrie dropped in the only change.
Ryan Taylor is still a doubt with a calf injury, while long-term absentees include Sammy Ameobi, Leon Best and Sylvain Marveaux.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- West Brom have managed to avoid defeat in their last six games against the Magpies.
- Roy Hodgson's men have lost just once in their last five Premier League games.
- Baggies forward Peter Odemwingie has scored a total of three goals in two matches against the Magpies. Odemwingie can be backed at 8.00 with 188Bet to score the first goal in this match.
- Newcastle have tasted defeat in six out of their last nine away trips in the league.
- Demba Ba (pictured right) has netted four times in two appearances against West Brom, while Peter Lovenkrands, currently injured, has scored in all four of his league matches against them.
- Alan Pardew's first game in charge of Newcastle was a 3-1 victory over Liverpool back in December 2010; the Reds were then managed by current Baggies boss Hodgson.
- The visitors have conceded more penalties than any other side in the league (nine).
- In 12 previous Premier League meetings between the two sides, 40 goals have been scored, with the five most recent encounters yielding an average of five goals per game.