The Dragons' initial 23-man squad has been hit by players withdrawing - including Gareth Bale - but they will be hoping for a victory in New Jersey against experienced opposition
Jimenez, Moreno, J. Rodriguez, Salcido
Barrera, Marquez, Perez, Guardado
G. Dos Santos, Hernandez
Matthews, Ricketts, A. Williams, Taylor
Edwards, Ramsey, Allen, King
Mexico coach Jose Manuel de la Torre has named a strong 23-man squad including three Premier League-based players. A number of experienced players are likely to start in defence including Espanyol’s Hector Moreno and Stuttgart’s Francisco Javier Rodríguez.
Former Barcelona man Rafael Márquez and West Ham’s Pablo Barrera are poised to start in midfield. Upfront English-based duo Giovani dos Santos and Javier Hernández are set to begin the match together.
Wales boss Chris Coleman’s preparations for the match were hampered after six players from his initial 23-man squad withdrew, including Tottenham’s Gareth Bale. The former Fulham manager opted to call up five players to replace these.
Aberdeen shot-stopper Jason Brown could start in goal with Wolves’ Wayne Hennessey sidelined. A number of Premier League stars including Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey and Swansea City’s Joe Allen should start in midfield. Elsewhere, Craig Bellamy is likely to start upfront alongside Steve Morison.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Mexico’s most capped player in their history is Claudio Suarez who represented his country on 178 occasions.
- The country's highest Fifa ranking is fourth - a position they held from February to June 1998 and from May to June 2006.
- Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez (pictured right), has netted 23 times in 34 games for his country - he is halfway to equalling Jared Borgetti's all-time scoring record.
- Wales’ highest ever Fifa ranking came back in August 1993 when they sat in 27th spot.
- Their all-time top scorer is former Liverpool forward Ian Rush who scored 28 times playing for his country.
- Liverpool’s Craig Bellamy is the most-capped player in Wales's current squad with 68 caps. He has 19 goals for his country.