An away victory for Walter Mazzarri's side would ensure qualification for the knockout stages, while the beleaguered hosts will be looking for their first points of the campaign
Mario, Gonzalo, Musacchio, Oriol
Bruno, De Guzman
Perez, Camunas, Moises
Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica
Maggio, Gargano, Inler, Dossena
Villarreal have been boosted by the return of Nilmar, who made a substitute appearance in the weekend defeat to Racing, but coach Juan Carlos Garrido may opt not to risk the forward, with their fate in the competition long since sealed.
The Spanish outfit are definitely without Giuseppe Rossi, summer signings Cristian Zapata and Javier Camunas, while Jose Catala is also ruled out. Borja Valero and Cani have both been forced to withdraw, meaning Javier Camunas is likely to play behind Ruben. Joan Oriol will deputise at left-back.
Napoli are near full strength for the visit to El Madrigal on Wednesday, with Marco Donadel and Miguel Britos the only players missing through injury. A number of the side's star players will return after being rested during the 4-2 Serie A win over Lecce at the weekend, a game in which Edinson Cavani returned after suffering with a leg injury.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Villarreal have had their worst ever Champions League campaign and are yet to pick up a single point in Group A, having scored only two goals in their five games so far.
- When the two teams met in Naples in September, Juan Carlos Garrido's team succumbed to a 2-0 defeat courtesy of first-half strikes from Marek Hamsik and Edinson Cavani.
- No Italian side has ever won at El Madrigal (four defeats and one draw).
- Victory for Napoli would guarantee them a spot in the Champions League last 16, consigning big-spending Manchester City to a place in the Europa League in the process.
- Cavani has scored four goals from only four shots on target in this season's Champions League.
- Excluding qualifiers, Walter Mazzarri's men have won none of their last nine away games in Europe (four draws and five defeats), including a 2-1 loss to Villarreal last season in the Europa League.