The new coach will take charge of his first game as coach of the two-time World Cup winners following their early Copa exit as they battle their fellow South Americans in India
Vizcarrondo, Cichero, Rosales, Amorebieta
Rincon, Seijas, Gonzalez, Orozco
Fedor, J. Rondon
Zabaleta, Demichelis, Otamendi, Rojo
Gonzalez, Mascherano, Alvarez
Messi, Higuain, Di Maria
Cesar Farias will look to Salomon Rondon to bring his scoring touch in the battle against Argentina, while Nicolas Fedor looks set to join the Malaga man up top.
Alejandro Sabella will go with four in defence with Martin Demichelis making a return to the national side. The Malaga defender has not played for the senior team since last year's 1-0 victory over Ireland. Lionel Messi, as always, will be in the attack, joined by Real Madrid's attacking duo of Gonzalo Higuain and Angel Di Maria.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Venezuela finished ahead of Argentina in the 2011 Copa America in fourth place, losing to Peru in the third-place match. Their opposition for Friday were knocked out in the quarter-finals to Uruguay.
- Since the tournament, Venezuela have played two games, losing to Spain 3-0 before beating Guatemala 2-0.
- Farias became the first coach of Venezuela to guide the country to the semi-finals of a Copa America.
- Nine players in the team have never made an appearance in the senior side.
- Argentina will play their first game under the former Estudiantes coach, who takes over the reigns of the national team after the dismissal of Sergio Batista, after he was fired after failing to lead the team to glory in the Copa America in July.
- Messi is now the captain of the squad, replacing Barcelona team-mate Javier Mascherano.
- Goalkeeper Esteban Andrada is the only player in the team who does not play domestic football in Europe. The talented youngster plays for Lanus of the Argentine first division and may make his first appearance for his country at senior level.
- Another player who may make his first appearance is the highly-rated Ricardo Alvarez, a lanky, creative midfielder who joined Inter from Velez Sarsfield this summer.