After edging past Sevilla midweek in the Copa del Rey, Unai Emery's side will look to put on a solid display against the visitors, who are just above the relegation zone
Miguel, Rami, Ruiz, Jordi Alba
Feghouli, Jonas, Mathieu
Estrada, Demidov, Gonzalez, Cadamuro
Vela, Zurutuza, Griezmann
Valencia will likely begin the match with Aritz Aduriz up top with Roberto Soldado resting after accumulating five yellow cards.
In goal, Vicente Guaita is still a bit banged up. Diego Alves, who looks to have taken the lead at Mestalla as the No. 1 goalkeeper, looks set to start.
For Real Sociedad, who will be looking to bounce back from a stunning 6-1 loss to Mallorca in the cup in midweek, Asier Illarramendi has been out since November and will not participate. The same rings true for Markel Bergara.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Valencia sit in third place in La Liga with 34 points, eight behind leaders Real Madrid.
- Los Che lost to Sevilla 2-1 on Wednesday in the Copa del Rey round of 16 but advanced on aggregate thanks to a crucial away goal from Soldado. The second-half goal was only the striker's second away from home all season.
- Last season, Emery's side took down Zaragoza twice, winning 2-1 and 3-0.
- Real Sociedad are in 16th place with 18 points, two above the relegation zone.
- The visitors were knocked out of the Copa del Rey this week after being thrashed 6-1 by Mallorca, losing 6-3 on aggregate.
- Sociedad, led by coach Philippe Montanier (pictured right), are fifth in the league in goals scored as visitors with nine. Real Madrid have the most with 27, while Barcelona are second with 12.