It's a Netherlands showpiece as last season's Eredivisie champions take on the KNVB Beker holders on Saturday in the battle for the Dutch Supercup
|Ajax (4-3-3): Vermeer; Van der Wiel, Alderweireld, Ooijer, Boilesen; S. de Jong, Eriksen, T. Janssen; Sulejmani, Sigthorsson, Ebecilio||
Head coach Frank de Boer will have to make do without the services of the injured Jan Vertonghen and Derk Boerrigter, while Maarten Stekelenburg boarded a plane to Rome on Friday evening to complete his move to Italy.
Kenneth Vermeer will replace Stekelenburg between the sticks, while Andre Ooijer will probably form a defensive partnership with Toby Alderweireld.
Theo Janssen and Kolbeinn Sigthorsson will make their competitive debuts for the Amsterdam side, while Thulani Serero and Mats Rits could also make their first official appearance for Ajax.
|Twente (4-3-3): Mihaylov; Cornelisse, Wisgerhof, Douglas, Buysse; Brama, L. de Jong, W. Janssen; Ruiz, Janko, Bajrami
New head coach Co Adriaanse has the likes of Bryan Ruiz and Willem Janssen returning to the starting XI after both players missed Tuesday's Champions League clash against Vaslui due to injury.
However, Nacer Chadli and Denny Landzaat are both unavailable through injury, while Emir Bajrami is doubtful, too.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Both sides also met in the Johan Cruyff Shield last term. A single Luuk de Jong strike helped Twente to a 1-0 win and their first trophy of the season.
- Theo Janssen will make his official debut for Ajax after wearing the Twente jersey for the past three seasons.
- Ajax have won the Dutch Supercup on seven occasions.
- Twente have a 50 per cent winning record in the Johan Cruyff Shield so far. They lost the competition in 2001 and lifted the trophy in 2010.
- Willem Janssen will make his official debut for Twente after having joined the Enschede side from Roda this summer.
- Twente coach Co Adriaanse was in charge at Ajax from June 2000 until November 2001, when he got the sack.
- Ajax tactician Frank de Boer won the trophy three times during his playing career.
Click here for details