In-form Spurs could welcome back boss Harry Redknapp to the dugout on Monday night when they take on a Villa side who have only won once on their last 11 visits to White Hart Lane
Walker, King, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto
Lennon, Parker, Modric, Bale
Van der Vaart
Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Warnock
N'Zogbia, Petrov, Herd, Agbonlahor
Tottenham are sweating on the fitness of Rafael van der Vaart after the Dutchman sustained a hamstring injury on international duty, but he remains likely to start just behind Emmanuel Adebayor.
That aside, boss Harry Redknapp should keep his faith in the players responsible for Spurs’ recent good form in the league, with Younes Kaboul once again partnering Ledley King in the heart of defence in the absence of injured duo Michael Dawson and William Gallas.
Visitors Aston Villa have their own injury worries, but both Gabriel Agbonlahor and captain Stilian Petrov are expected to overcome their respective knocks in time to take the field.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Tottenham have not lost to Aston Villa in the last five meetings between the sides, winning three times and drawing twice.
- Aston Villa have won only once on their last 11 visits to White Hart Lane.
- Tottenham have gone eight games unbeaten in the Premier League since losing 5-1 to Manchester City in August, dropping just two points in the process.
- Aston Villa have only kept one clean sheet in their last eight Premier League matches.
- After scoring three times in his first two appearances for Spurs, Emmanuel Adebayor (pictured right) has now failed to find the next in his last six games.
- Gabriel Agbonlahor has either scored or assisted nine of Aston Villa’s 16 Premier League goals this season.
- Alex McLeish has yet to taste victory against Harry Redknapp. The pair have faced each other on five occasions, with Redknapp triumphing three times, including a 2-1 win at White Hart Lane on the final day of last season which relegated McLeish’s Birmingham City side.
- Tottenham have not lost a single game in 2011 when captain Ledley King has played.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.