The Villans are sure to be tested by Paolo Di Canio's in-form League One outfit, who have disposed of Premier League opposition in the form of Stoke City so far in the competition
Thompson, Flint, Ward, McEveley
Ferry, Miller, McCormack, Ritchie
Lowton, Vlaar, Lichaj, Bennett
Albrighton, El Ahmadi, Ireland, N'Zogbia
Swindon could make several changes from the side that comprehensively defeated Stevenage 4-0 at the weekeend. Manager Paolo Di Canio has called this Capital One Cup clash the biggest in the club's history and rested the likes of Jay McEveley, James Collins, Simon Ferry and Gary Roberts, all of whom are pushing for recalls.
Visiting manager Paul Lambert could choose to field a line-up similar to the one that defeated Manchester City so impressively in the last round, though he will be without the services of Ciaran Clark (knee), Nathan Baker (ankle) and Richard Dunne (groin), while Stilyan Petrov remains out indefinitely as he continues his battle against acute leukaemia.
Elsewhere, Darren Bent may return to the starting line for the trip to the County Ground, despite Christian Benteke finding the net in the draw with Norwich City.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Swindon striker James Collins has only scored three goals for the Robins since his transfer from Shrewsbury this summer. All three of them came at the Britannia Stadium as Di Canio's men dumped Stoke out of the competition at the third-round stage.
- Di Canio's men have been beaten only twice at home this season, both by a 1-0 scoreline to Colchester and Leyton Orient respectively.
- Swindon's only cup success has come in this competition, with their 1969 Capital One Cup triumph over Arsenal.
- Forward Andy Williams, who began his career at Aston Villa, is a youth player at the County Ground.
- The Capital One Cup marks Aston Villa's last trophy success back in 1996.
- Gabriel Agbonhalor has scored only three goals in the whole of 2012 - all of them have come in cup competitions. Agbonlahor is 6/1 with Bet365 to score the first goal in this match.
- Aston Villa's only away win this season under Paul Lambert has come in the Capital One Cup, away at Premier League champions Manchester City.