Steve Bruce's side look to bounce back following defeat to rivals last Saturday and Brighton in midweek, whilst the hosts look to break their scoring duck in the league
Rangel, Caulker, Williams, Taylor
Dyer, Routledge, Sinclair
O’Shea, Ferdinand, Brown, Bardsley
Larsson, Cattermole, Colback, Richardson
Kemy Agustien and Leon Britton will hold in front of the back four while Scott Sinclair and Nathan Dyer will look to raid down the flanks with Wayne Routledge operating just behind Danny Graham. Stephen Dobbie and Leroy Lita could be alternative options if Rodgers changes formation.
John O’Shea is expected to make his debut for Sunderland on Saturday and will slot in at right-back with Phil Bardsley moving to left-back after completing his one-match suspension in midweek. Kieran Richardson could move to the left wing to add balance to the Black Cats with Ahmed Elmohamady missing out. Connor Wickham and Ji Dong-Won are available to Steve Bruce if he chooses to go with two upfront.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Swansea have yet to break their scoring duck in the Premier League.
- Sunderland are yet to keep a clean sheet this season.
- The Swans are unbeaten in 10 home league games.
- Steve Bruce’s side are unbeaten in their last three away games in the Premier League.
- Swansea are yet to receive a booking or sending off this season.
- The Black Cats have received seven yellow cards and one red card this season.
- Last season’s top scorers for both clubs, Scott Sinclair and Asamoah Gyan, are yet to get off the mark this season.