Mauricio Pochettino's men head to the Liberty Stadium on a good run and just three points behind the Capital One Cup winners as the two teams aim for a strong finish to the season
Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies
Britton, De Guzman
Dyer, Routledge, Hernandez
Clyne, Yoshida, Hooiveld, Shaw
Ramirez, Lallana, Davis
Michael Laudrup has few injury concerns for the visit of the Saints and will be boosted by the return of Leon Britton and Neil Taylor, who has recovered from a broken ankle.
Southampton, meanwhile, have doubts over Kelvin Davis, who picked up a leg injury in training, and Guly do Prado who has a fever.
Jose Fonte should return to the squad, following the birth of his son, while Luke Shaw, Jason Puncheon and Jay Rodriguez are all fully fit after illness.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Swansea have not lost to Southampton at home for over 50 years. Their last defeat to the Saints came way back in 1962.
- Since winning the Capital One Cup in February, Michael Laudrup’s men have won just once, a 1-0 victory over Newcastle.
- Defender Ashley Williams used to be a team-mate of Rickie Lambert. The pair played together at Stockport for a year back in 2004.
- Jonathan De Guzman was the goalscorer the last time Michael Laudrup took on Mauricio Pochettino, as the Dane’s Real Mallorca beat the Argentine’s Espanyol 1-0 in 2011. De Guzman is 11/1 with bet365 to score first against the Saints.
- Southampton striker Lambert (pictured right) is the highest scoring Englishman in the top flight with 14 goals, two more than next on the list Wayne Rooney.
- The Saints have lost just twice away from home in 2013, at Manchester United and Newcastle.
- Only Newcastle, Newcastle and Aston Villa (all with 35) have conceded more goals away from home than Southampton (34).
- Midfielder Jack Cork has made 99 appearances for the Saint (over two spells) and will hit a century if he appears on Saturday.