Blues will need the Spaniard on song to score at the Liberty Stadium on Tuesday where the Swans have one of the best defensive records in the Premier League
Williams, Caulker, Taylor, Rangel
Allen, Britton, Sigurdsson
Dyer, Graham, Sinclair
Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole
Romeu, Essien, Meireles
Sturridge, Torres, Mata
Expect Nathan Dyer, Danny Graham and Scott Sinclair to return to the starting XI, while Joe Allen and Leon Britton should return to the side in place of Josh McEachran and Kemy Agustien.
Andre Villas-Boas will be without Ramires, who injured his right knee in Saturday's 1-0 FA Cup victory over QPR. Frank Lampard is a doubt for the match due to a calf strain, while Jon Obi Mikel is out with a hamstring and Didier Drogba also misses the tie due to African Cup of Nations duty.
John Terry has also been ruled out with a knee injury, which could see Gary Cahill handed his debut following his £7 million arrival from Bolton earlier this month.
Fernando Torres will likely continue in attack alongside Juan Mata and Daniel Sturridge for the visitors, and Michael Essien may be in line for a start as he looks to fully complete his injury comeback.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chelsea have only lost once in the 10 ten Premier League matches, but only won twice in the last seven.
- Fernando Torres (right) hasn't found the back of the net for 16 matches in all competitions.
- The London club has scored 16 goals on their travels this season, less than any other top five side.
- The Blues defeated Swansea 4-1 at Stamford Bridge earlier this season with Torres, Lampard, Terry and Drogba all on target.
- Swansea have lost just once at the Liberty Stadium this term, collecting more points at home than any side outside the top six.
- Rodgers' men have conceded just six times on friendly turf this season, equalling Manchester City for best in the league.
- Swansea loaned midfielder Josh McEachran from the Blues in mid-January.
- Chelsea's John Terry will answer allegations of racism against QPR's Anton Ferdinand the day after the Swansea match.