The Swans were undefeated until their last home game, against Manchester United, when the Red Devils put in an indifferent performance but still snatched a 1-0 result
Rangel, Monk, Williams, Taylor
Dyer, Britton, Allen, Gower, Sinclair
Cuellar, Collins, Dunne, Warnock
Hutton, Petrov, Herd, Heskey
Steven Caulker is reported to have returned to training following the knee injury he sustained against Arsenal, but is expected to be left out of the squad for this fixture.
Meanwhile, Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish has to make do without the services of Nathan Delfouneso (hamstring) and Eric Lichaj (hip) due to their respective injuries.
Nathan Baker, Habib Beye, Gary Gardner and Shane Lowry are unavailable since they have all gone out on loan to other clubs.
Villa skipper Stiliyan Petrov and midfielder Chris Herd are still doubts as they are recovering from muscle and hamstring injuries, respectively.
|DID YOU KNOW|
- Swansea City have not locked horns with Aston Villa in the Premier League era. In fact, the last time that these two clubs crossed paths was back in 1983, when the Swans beat the Villans 2-1 at home.
- At the time, Aston Villa were the champions of the continent, having won the European Cup in 1982. That feat was achieved when a lone goal from Peter Withe proved enough to see off Bayern Munich in the final of the competition.
- The Welsh side have met the Birmingham-based outfit 17 times in their history, and none of those games ended in a draw. The Swans have also won only three of those fixtures.
- Brendan Rodgers' men have shipped only two goals in the Premier League at the Liberty Stadium this season. No team has conceded fewer goals at home.
- Aston Villa are one of only two sides - the other being Swansea - outside the relegation zone who have been unable to register a victory on their travels.
- Alex McLeish's men have conceded 11 goals in their last five away games.
- Villa have also kept only one clean sheet in their last nine matches in the Premier League.
- Gabriel Agbonlahor (pictured right) has scored five goals in the league so far, and has created six more in the process. Only Manchester City's David Silva has more assists to his name.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.