Tony Pulis' men host the title contenders after almost picking up a shock win against Tottenham at White Hart Lane in midweek. Watch it live on ESPN this Saturday
Wilkinson, Huth, Shawcross, Wilson
Shotton, Whelan, Whitehead, Etherington
Richards, Savic, K Toure, Clichy
Y Toure, Barry
Silva, Aguero, Nasri
Stoke boss Tony Pulis will be without Salif Diao after the midfielder picked up an injury in the 1-1 draw with Tottenham on Wednesday. Glenn Whelan, who came on for the former Senegal international at White Hart Lane, should replace him. Ricardo Fuller is the only other enforced absentee as he serves the final game of his three-match ban for violent conduct following his red card in the 1-0 defeat at Chelsea earlier in the month.
Roberto Mancini will be without club captain Vincent Kompany who is yet to recover from a calf injury obtained earlier in March. Therefore Stefan Savic is likely to partner Kolo Toure in the centre of defence. Joleon Lescott (groin) is unlikely to feature on Saturday.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City have scored 27 goals away from home this season, just one less than Stoke City have netted in total.
- Carlos Tevez (pictured right) played for City for the first time since September in the 2-1 win over Chelsea on Wednesday, and assisted Samir Nasri’s winning goal. He could feature again on Saturday. Tevez is 5/4 with Sportingbet to score at any time against Stoke.
- Pulis' men have failed to score only once in their last seven domestic matches, in the 1-0 defeat away to Chelsea.
- Mancini's side can go top of the Premier League table by two points with a win over Stoke this weekend, with Manchester United in action on Monday at home to Fulham.
- Although both sides are fighting markedly different battles this season, the league is both teams’ only remaining competition, having been eliminated from all other cups.
- Both teams have shared familiar foes in the domestic trophies this season. Manchester City were knocked out of the League Cup by Liverpool at the semi-final stage, while the Potters were defeated in the FA Cup and the League Cup by Kenny Dalglish’s side.
- Sergio Aguero scored either side of Adam Johnson’s 25-yard strike in a 3-0 win over the Potters back in December.
- A reverse of that scoreline is unlikely but not inconceivable. Mancini's side have only won two of their last seven away top-flight matches, with losses to Swansea City and Sunderland among those dropped points.
- Aguero, David Silva and Samir Nasri have as many assists between them (27) as the entire Stoke team in the league this campaign.