The Gunners will hope to take a big step toward sealing a third-place finish in the Premier League as Arsene Wenger's men meet Tony Pulis' side at the Britannia Stadium
Shotton, Huth, Shawcross, Wilson
Pennant, Palacios, Delap, Etherington
Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs
Rosicky, Ramsey, Song
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Van Persie, Gervinho
Andy Wilkinson looks to be out for the rest of the season after he picked up a hamstring injury in the game against Newcastle, meaning that Marc Wilson is likely to come in at left-back for the Potters. Stoke fans are also highly unlikely to see Salif Diao and Mamady Sidibe, who are both suffering from knee injuries.
Theo Walcott is missing for the Gunners and is another player unlikely to feature again this term after picking up a hamstring injury against Chelsea.
Four of Arsenal's midfielders are also injured, giving Arsene Wenger a headache with his team selection. Mikel Arteta (ankle) and Francis Coquelin (hamstring) are out alongside long-term injury concerns Jack Wilshere (ankle) and Emmanuel Frimpong (knee).
Arsenal are also without centre-back Per Mertesacker (ankle) but have kept five clean sheets in seven Premier League games in his absence.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Arsenal have won four of the last five Premier League games between these two sides.
- But Stoke City have won three of the last four matches at the Britannia in all competitions.
- Stoke have the worst scoring record in the Premier League having only scored 32, which is just five more than Van Persie (pictured right) alone.
- Arsenal have rescued more points (19) from losing positions than any other side in the league.
- Robin van Persie has attempted 63 shots on target in the area this season, two more than the Stoke team as a whole.
- Arsenal have kept five clean sheets in their last seven Premier League matches.
- Peter Crouch has scored six Premier League goals against Arsenal, the only team he has a better record against is Blackburn, having scored eight.
- Van Persie also has a good record in this fixture after scoring five times in the last three meetings. The Dutchman is 16/5 to score the first goal in the game with Paddy Power.