Aaron Ramsey included in squad to face French outfit who have won both of their Champions League games this season, although Keiran Gibbs misses out through injury
Azpilicueta, N'Koulou, Diawara, Morel
Gonzalez, Diarra, Kabore
Valbuena, Ayew, Remy
Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Santos
Arteta, Song, Rosicky
Walcott, Van Persie, Gervinho
The hosts had to do without creative outlet Mathieu Valbuena in a 0-0 draw at Toulouse at the weekend but he is likely to return to the line-up hoping to terrorise the Gunners’ defence.
In-form striker Loic Remy should be joined by the prolific Andre Ayew in attack for the French side.
Lucho Gonzalez was one of many alleged Arsenal targets this summer and is set to take his place in a three man central midfield.
For the Gunners, Kieran Gibbs has been added to the club's growing injury list, although Aaron Ramsey's inclusion in the squad will be a welcome boost for the visitors.
However Wenger may choose to stick with the line-up above after seeing it defeat Sunderland 2-1 in the Premier League at the weekend.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Arsenal and Marseille are set to face each other for the first time in European competition.
- Marseille won the inaugural Champions League when current manager Didier Deschamps captained them to a 1-0 win over Milan.
- Deschamps played in England for just one season with Chelsea, as the Stamford Bridge outfit finished fifth in the 1999-2000 season.
- Marseille are one of three sides (along with Real Madrid and Bayern Munich) to maintain a 100 per cent record in the competition this year having won their two opening Champions League matches.
- The French outfit are also amongst three teams who have yet to concede a Champions League goal this season along with Real Madrid and rivals Lyon.
- Arsenal haven't failed to reach the knockout stages of the Champions League in the last 12 years of Arsene Wenger’s stewardship.