Carrow Road welcomes back top-flight football for the first time in six years, as two teams who secured valuable draws on opening day seek to seal a strong start to the season
Martin, De Laet, Ayala, Tierney
Huth, Shawcross, Woodgate, Wilson
Pennant, Pugh, Whelan, Etherington
Stoke will be back at full strength after resting key players Asmir Begovic, Jermaine Pennant and Jonathan Woodgate for Thursday’s Europa League victory over Thun. Jonathan Walters took a beating in that match, picking up a head injury and a gashed shin, but should be in the starting line-up. Rory Delap (hamstring) is more of a serious doubt and the midweek goalscorer Danny Pugh may fancy his chances of displacing the 35-year-old.
|DID YOU KNOW?
- The last time that Norwich and Stoke met in the same league was in the Championship in 2007-08, when the Potters took all six points from the two fixtures.
- Norwich are on a four-game winning streak at home in the Premier League – they beat Manchester United, Newcastle, Charlton and Birmingham in 2005, but still went down.
- Stoke’s last away win in the Premier League was on Boxing Day last season, when they beat Blackburn 2-0 at Ewood Park.
- In four out of their last five league games, Stoke have failed to score a goal.
- No players remain at Carrow Road from Norwich’s last season in the Premier League in 2004-05, while now-reserve goalkeeper Steve Simonsen (pictured) is the only remaining member of the Stoke squad from that year.
- The last time Norwich played in the Premier League, they drew their opening match 1-1 (against Crystal Palace) and were relegated.