Alan Pardew's men aim to continue home dominance over visitors who haven't won at St James' Park since 1977, but the Toon must be wary of the Baggies' comeback ability
|Newcastle (4-4-2): Krul; Simpson, S Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique; Gutierrez, Barton, R Taylor, Ferguson; Ameobi, Lovenkrands.|
Steven Taylor has impressed since his return and Ryan Taylor had a decent game in place of Nolan last week so expect him to continue in the middle despite the return from injury of Alan Smith.
One doubt for the Magpies could be Jonas Gutierrez who picked up a knock at Stamford Bridge but he is expected to play.
|West Brom (4-4-2): Carson; Reid, Tamas, Olsson, Shorey; Brunt, Mulumbu, Scharner, Thomas; Cox, Odemwingie.|
With Premier League safety guaranteed expect Albion to blood a few youngsters from the bench as Hodgson will look to experiment with his side.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Newcastle have won only one of their last eight Premier League final day games.
- The Magpies have conceded a lower proportion of headed goals - 13 per cent - than any other team in the Premier League.
- Newcastle have scored 38 goals at home in the Premier League this season; only Manchester United (45) and Chelsea (39) have scored more.
- The Toon are unbeaten in nine home meetings with the Baggies, who haven’t won at St James Park in the league since September 1977 (3-0).
- West Brom have never lost on the final day of a Premier League season, winning one and drawing three times.
- Roy Hodgson’s side have won way 26 points from trailing positions this season, more than any other top-flight side.
Commentaries, Stats, Player Ratings and much more,
Visit Goal.com Live Scores!