Alan Pardew's side will be without midfielder Cheikh Tiote as they hope to earn just their third league win of the season when they welcome the Midlands outfit to St James' Park
Simpson, S.Taylor, Coloccini, Santon
Ben Arfa, Anita, Cabaye, Gutierrez
WEST BROMWICH ALBION
Tamas, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell
Fortune, Morrison, Odemwingie
Newcastle go into Sunday's clash with almost a full strength side to choose from. Cheikh Tiote is suspended following his dismissal against Sunderland, while Haris Vuckic and Ryan Taylor (both knee) are long-term absentees.
Rob Elliot (groin) and Dan Gosling (ankle) will both miss out, but the Magpies should be able to call on the majority of their big name players as they attempt to move into the upper reaches of the Premier League table.
West Brom have a number of injury concerns themsleves, Billy Jones (knee) and Chris Brunt (hamstring) are both doubts.
Meanwhile, Steven Reid (hamstring) and Boaz Myhill (finger) also appear set to miss out. Jerome Thomas (illness) is doubtful.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- There have been a total of 19 goals in the last four Premier League matches between Newcastle and West Brom.
- The Magpies have not beaten the Baggies at St James' Park since October 2008, when goals from Joey Barton and Obafemi Martins gave Joe Kinnear's men a 2-1 win. Newcastle did the double over West Brom that season, but their campaign ended in relegation.
- Newcastle's 3-1 defeat to West Brom at the Hawthorns in December 2010 proved to be the end for then-manager Chris Hughton, who was sacked and subsequently replaced by Alan Pardew.
- West Brom were one of just three teams to win at St James' Park in the 2011-12 season. Chelsea and Manchester City were the only other two teams to win on Tyneside last term.
- Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul made his domestic debut for the club at West Brom, when he came on as a substitute for Steve Harper during the two clubs' Championship clash in 2009.
- Baggies' boss Steve Clarke had a spell as assistant manager at Newcastle under Ruud Gullit in the 1998-99 season and took charge of one game after the Dutchman's dismissal, a 5-1 thumping at the hands of Manchester United.
- If selected Jonas Gutierrez will make his 150th league appearance for Newcastle on Sunday.
- Newcastle's Yohan Cabaye (pictured above) and West Brom's Peter Odemwingie were team-mates for a three-year period at Lille. Odemwingie joined the French club in 2004 - around the same time Cabaye broke through the youth system - and departed in 2007 to join Lokomotiv Moscow.