Alan Pardew's men have not taken three points since beating Everton on November 5 and face a Baggies side looking for some consistency after narrowly defeating Blackburn
Simpson, Coloccini, Perch, Santon
Obertan, Tiote, Vuckic, Gutierrez
Reid, McAuley, Olsson, Shorey
Brunt, Dorrans, Tchoyi, Thomas
Injury-wise, the Magpies will be without Danny Guthrie, Sylvain Marveux and long-termer Steven Taylor. Ryan Taylor is a slight doubt with an ankle problem.
Zoltan Gera is definitely out for the visitors, who also have concerns over James Morrison, Youssuf Mulumbu, and Paul Scharner.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Newcastle United will be participating in their 670th Premier League game.
- The Magpies haven’t finished in the top half of the league since the 2005/06 campaign when they ended the season in seventh.
- Toon legend Alan Shearer (pictured right) is the only player for the north east side to have scored more than three goals in a game.
- Last season was the Baggies’ best ever in their Premier League history. They finished 11th after failing to finish higher than 17th in four attempts.
- Only two West Brom players have ever scored a hat-trick in the Premier League, with one being Somen Tchoyi when he put three past Newcastle back in May this year.
- Alan Pardew’s predecessor Chris Hughton saw his reign end following a 3-1 defeat to West Brom.
- The Midlands outfit broke their transfer record this summer when they signed striker Shane Long from Reading for a fee of £7.3 million.
- Newcastle are without a win in their last six games.