Visitors are currently on a winless run that has lasted nine games in all competitions, and haven't managed to keep a clean sheet in their last 12 as Mark Hughes takes the reins
Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon
Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Guthrie, Gutierrez
QUEENS PARK RANGERS
Young, Gabbidon, Ferdinand, Hill
Mackie, Buzsaky, Derry, Smith
Meanwhile, Sammy Ameobi (knee), Peter Lovenkrands (calf), Sylvain Marveaux (groin), Nile Ranger (foot) and Steven Taylor (Achilles) all remain sidelined with respective injuries.
This game will be Mark Hughes' first one as QPR boss, and he will not be able to call upon either Adel Taarabt or Armand Traore as the duo are away on international duty.
Kieron Dyer continues his spell on the sidelines due to a foot injury, while Alejandro Faurlin - who was stretchered off during the FA Cup game against MK Dons - is out for the rest of the season. Meanwhile former Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton will miss out on a return to Tyneside as he is still suspended.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Newcastle United have locked horns with QPR only thrice over the last 10 years, winning one and drawing the other two matches.
- Demba Ba has scored 15 times in his last 15 games for the Tyneside club, but is absent for this match as he is away participating in the African Cup of Nations.
- Alan Pardew's men have been unable to score against an opposition only once in their last 19 matches in all competitions.
- Before the 3-0 victory over Manchester United, the hosts had gone three games without a win at the Sports Direct Arena.
- Meanwhile, QPR are on a winless run of nine games in all competitions.
- They have also failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 12 games.
- If all matches ended at half-time, the team now managed by Mark Hughes (pictured) would have been in 13th place, but instead find themselves one point clear of the relegation zone in 17th spot.
- QPR have lost six times on their travels. No other team has lost more away games, but Wigan Athletic, Bolton Wanderers, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Swansea City have all lost as many on the road.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.