But the travellers did manage to register a victory over the Tyneside outfit in 2010, when Morten Gamst Pedersen and Jason Roberts scored in a 2-1 Premier League win
Simpson, Coloccini, Williamson, Santon
Ben Arfa, Cabaye, R Taylor, Vuckic
Hanley, Samba, Givet, Pedersen
Dunn, Rochina, N'Zonzi, Lowe
Meanwhile, Davide Santon should start at left-back after putting in a memorable performance in the victory over Manchester United.
Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean could field Mark Bunn between the posts if Paul Robinson has not yet recovered from a calf injury, while Junior Hoilett and Martin Olsson (both hamstring) are doubts for this fixture.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Newcastle United have never lost an FA Cup match against Blackburn Rovers at the Sports Direct Arena.
- But Rovers did beat the Toon in their own backyard in 2010, when they took three points in the league by registering a 2-1 victory.
- The Tyneside club have won the competition on six occasions. But the last time they lifted the trophy was way back in 1955.
- Newcastle have beaten their opponents six times in 14 meetings in cup competitions, falling to four losses in the process.
- Blackburn Rovers also have six FA Cup triumphs to their name, with their last coming in 1928.
- They did, however, win the League Cup in 2002, beating Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 in the final at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff.
- Rovers have scored 19 goals against Newcastle in Cup competitions, conceding 23 in the process.
- Both teams recently beat Manchester United in the Premier League.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.