These two perennial rivals in Serie A have not shown the best of form this season, but will want to end the year in winning fashion, starting with Sunday's clash at the San Paolo
Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica
Maggio, Inler, Gargano, Dossena
Rosi, De Rossi, Heinze, Jose Angel
Simplicio, Greco, Pizarro
Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri is set to name a full-strength XI against Roma, in comparison to their weakened line-up that earned a 1-1 draw at Novara last weekend, as Gokhan Inler and Walter Gargano are ready to replace Blerim Dzemaili and Goran Pandev.
Marek Hamsik will also move from the pivot to accommodate the incoming midfield players, and return to his role behind Edinson Cavani, alongside Ezequiel Lavezzi.
Meanwhile, for the visitors Roma, Marco Cassetti, Fabio Borini, Simon Kjaer and Fernando Gago follow Nioolas Burdisso to the treatment table, as Luis Enrique is once more forced to reshuffle his pack.
However, Miralem Pjanic is also suspended and cannot feature, so three changes from the draw with Juventus should see Aleandro Rosi, Fabio Simplicio and David Pizarro step in for Rodrigo Taddei, Federico Viviani and Pjanic.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Napoli won both of last season's fixtures against Roma by 2-0.
- The southern Italian giants have drawn 47 times against Roma in Serie A; only against Torino, with 50, have they drawn more games.
- However, Napoli have won just one of their last six league games, drawing four times in the process.
- In addition, Walter Mazzarri's side have won just two of their last six home games.
- Prior to last season, Roma were unbeaten against Napoli in the past 10 Serie A meetings, winning six and drawing four.
- Roma are also winless in their last three games, winning just two of their last seven league matches.
- Interestingly, the strike by Daniele De Rossi (pictured above) against Juventus is Roma's only goal in their last three Serie A games.
- Away from home, Luis Enrique's side have lost four of their last five games, without scoring a goal in the last two.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.