Champions have closed the gap to just two points after winning 12 of their 15 games under the Brazilian boss, but face the sternest defence in the league
|AC Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Antonini; Gattuso, Van Bommel, Seedorf; Boateng; Pato, Robinho.
|Inter: Julio Cesar; Maicon, Ranocchia, Cordoba, Zanetti; Thiago Motta, Cambiasso, Stankovic; Sneijder; Pazzini, Eto'o.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- AC Milan are in pole position in Serie A with 62 points from 30 matches, two points clear of second-placed Inter.
- The Rossoneri have won 48 of the 153 Milan derbies played so far.
- Massimiliano Allegri’s side have the best defensive record in the championship and have conceded only 22 goals so far in the league this season. They have shipped just five in their last 11 fixtures.
- The Diavolo and Inter have not drawn any of their last 12 derbies. AC Milan have won five of those matches.
- Four of AC Milan’s last five victories over Inter were by 1-0.
- Inter are second in the league standings and have the best attacking record in the league, having scored 56 goals.
- The Nerazzurri have won 12 and drawn one of the 15 Serie A games Leonardo has been in charge of this campaign - that’s 37 points. Under Rafael Benitez the team had collected just 23 in 15 games.
- While with Milan last season, Leonardo won both the league matches against Cagliari, then coached by Allegri. However, the Brazilian lost both matches to Inter, his side conceding six goals without scoring any.
- Without centre-back Lucio, who is suspended for this fixture, the champions have won four and lost one of their matches.
- Inter have beaten AC Milan more times than any other Serie A side, winning 56 Milan derbies.
November 14, 2010: Inter 0-1 AC Milan
Former Inter striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic was the difference in this Serie A encounter between the two teams as he scored a fifth minute penalty for AC Milan. The Sweden international striker was caught by Marco Materazzi inside the Nerazzurri penalty area and he himself blasted home the spot-kick. In what proved to be an entertaining match, Milan were reduced to 10 men on the hour mark as Ignazio Abate was sent off.
Kick-off at San Siro is at 2045 CET on Saturday. Click Play to see how the Derby della Madonnina will finish according to EA Sports' FIFA 11 simulation.